The main usage of Mircette is a contraception. In addition to prevention of pregnancy Mircette may be suitable for other applications, not mentioned in this medication guide.
You should use Mircette only in according to your doctor’s directions. Use the label on the medicine to observe dosing instructions.
- The first pill should be taken on the first day of your menstrual cycle or on the first Sunday after your period starts.
- Take carefully one pill each day, no longer than 24 hours from last dose. You should start a new pack the next day after the medicine is over. There is a probability of pregnancy if you do not follow this medication thoroughly. Take care of a new prescription before a pack comes to the end.
- You may be required to stop using this medication for a short time in some cases: if you expect any type of medical tests/surgery or confinement to bed. Any doctor in charge of or surgeon the case or surgeon should be aware of your practice contraception.
A composition of Mircette involves female hormones preventing ovulation (liberation of an egg from an ovary). This usage of this medication leads to changes in your cervical mucus and uterine lining by means of making sperm difficult to reach the uterus and a fertilized egg to make joined to the uterus.
If you missed one pill of Mircette take it as soon as you remember or if it is time for the next dose, take both.
If you miss two pills in a row in week 3, or if you miss three pills in a row during any of the first 3 weeks, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new one the same day if you are a Day 1 starter.
If you miss three tablets in a row during any of the first 3 weeks, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new pack on the same day if you are a Day 1 starter.
Mircette must be stored at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C), far from moisture, light and children.
Mircette Safety information
We advise you to use back-up birth control, such as condoms or a spermicide if you just started using this medication. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Some patients have breakthrough bleeding, especially during the first 3 months of Miracette using. Tell your doctor if this bleeding goes on or is very heavy.
Mircette Side effects
The common side effects of Miracette are listed below. If one or more of them persist or become bothersome address your doctor immediately.
- changes in weight or appetite;
- mild nausea, vomiting;
- breast pain, tenderness, or swelling;
- bloating, stomach cramps;
- increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- changes in your menstrual periods, decreased sex drive;
- problems with contact lenses;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- freckles or darkening of facial skin;
- headache, nervousness, dizziness, tired feeling.
Call emergency right away if any of these severe side effects occur: swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet; sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body; sudden headache, confusion a change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches;, pain behind the eyes, speech, or balance; chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea problems with vision, sweating, general ill feeling; nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); breast lump.