95% of populations of the earth have Herpes in their body. Herpes is virus. There are seven types of Herpes virus. The most wide spread of them are HSV-1 (Herpes simplex virus of first type, e.g. Herpes on lips), HSV-2 (also known as genital Herpes), Herpes zoster and chicken pox.
The most affective Anti-Herpes antiviral medications are:
- Valtrex – treats shingles, cold sores, and suppressive therapy of genital Herpes (HSV-2);
- Neurontin – used for treatment of seizure disorders and Herpes zoster (shingles);
- Bactroban – treats infection of the hair follicles;
- Famvir - an antiviral drug, used to treat the Herpes viruses, including Herpes simplex 1 and 2 and varicella-zoster;
- Zovirax – applicable for treatment of all know Herpes viruses.