Medrol(Methylprednisolone) is a corticosteroid which works changing reaction of immune system reducing an inflammation.
It is used Medrol strictly on doctor's prescription. The exact dosage is specified on packing.
Accept inside on an empty stomach. If you have diarrhoea then you need accept Medrol together with meal. Dosage Medrol is appointed individually. Medrol it is recommended to accept regularly. At the interrupted acceptance of a doze of tablets will renew reception according to the doctor's instruction. It is not supposed to accept 2 doses simultaneously.
To store in a dry and dark place, far from children and animals. Storage Medrol in a bathroom is counter-indicative. Optimum temperature for storage is 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Short storage is permitted at temperature of 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C).
Medrol Safety information
It is not recommended to apply Medrol in such cases:
- At intolerance of one of its components;
- At reception mifepristone;
- At a mycosis;
- At antivariolic to a vaccine.
Medrol reduces immunity against infections. Avoid contact to people:
- Suffering infectious and catarrhal diseases;
- If you did not have a chicken pox, herpes zoster, measles.
Medrol can cause the raised blood pressure, hyperhydropexy and salt in an organism, losses potassium and calcium that will serve osteoporosis development (fragility of bones). During reception Medrol it is necessary to keep to a salt diet, to apply potassium the additives, adequate calcium and vitamin D additives.
At the address to the doctor or the stomatologist behind medical aid it is necessary to warn that you accept Medrol.
For patients ill with a diabetes: Medrol raises the dose of sugar maintenance in blood. In need of reception Medrol consult with a doctor.
During use of Medrol it is recommended to execute the medical test in special laboratory on function of adrenal glands and on a blood pressure. It will help to reveal by-effects.
It is necessary to be extremely cautious at use of Medrol for children:
- Сorticosteroids can become the reason of the slowed down growth at children and teenagers;
- Efficiency of use Medrol at children is not confirmed.
Use of Medrol during pregnancy and lactation is recommended only under the strict control of the doctor.
Medrol Side effects
- General discomfort;
- Raised appetite;
- Raised hidrosis;
The help of the doctor is necessary if you have noted such symptoms as:
- Heavy allergic reactions (rash; nettle-rash; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- Change of lipidic balance of a body, weight increase;
- Infringement menstrual cycle;
- Change of colour of a skin;
- Depressions and intellectual weariness;
- A muscular pain, weakness and an exhaustion;
- A strong nausea and vomiting (reminding coffee grounds);
- Strong dizziness or a headache;
- Puffiness of feet;
- A fever, cold, quinsy;
- A pain in bones;
- A thinning skin;
- A bleeding;
- Problems with eyes.