Pyridostigmine is used for treating myasthenia gravis or other conditions as determined by your doctor.
- Ask your health care provider or doctor any questions you may have about how to use Mestinon;
- Take Mestinon with food if it upsets your stomach.
Do not take a dose of Pyridostigmine within 30 minutes of your last dose and don’t use 2 doses at once.
Mestinon Safety information
Do not use Mestinon if:
- you are taking quinine or quinidine;
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Pyridostigmine;
- you have an intestinal, stomach, or urinary blockage.
Please read before using:
- Notify your doctor or dentist in advance about using Pyridostigmine if you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, surgery or if you have to pass certain lab tests.
- Use Mestinon with extreme caution in children, because its safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Mestinon during pregnancy.
- Pyridostigmine is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people. If you are breast-feeding check with your health care provider the risks to your baby.
- Store Mestinon at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
Mestinon Side Effects
Call emergency and promptly notify your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- severe allergic reactions (hives; rash; itching; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest);
- blue colour of the fingers or toes; dizziness; hallucinations; chest pain or tightness; cold or pale fingers or toes; diarrhea; headache;
- mental or mood changes irregular, fast or slow heartbeat; leg cramps or weakness;; muscle pain; numbness or tingling of the hands, feet, or skin; ringing in the ears; seizure; severe or persistent nausea or vomiting; shortness of breath; swelling; vomiting; weak pulse.