Baclofen is the medicine for treating muscle spasms, caused by different diseases like multiple sclerosis. Possible to be used in other cases. That should be defined by your doctor.
When using Baclofen, follow your doctor’s prescriptions.
If you have any questions referring to using Baclofen, ask your health provider for answers.
Baclofen is a muscle relaxant reducing the frequency and severity of muscle spasms, caused by neurological disorders.
If you forget to use Baclofen in time, use it as soon as possible. If the time has come to take the next dose, skip the previous dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. Make sure you don’t take two doses at once.
Conditions of storing: room temperature 68-77 degrees F (20- 25 degrees C), closed tiny container. Possible to keep at temperatures of 59-86 degrees F (15 -30 degrees C) for brief periods. Need to be kept away from heat, moisture and light. Avoid storing Baclofen in the bathroom. Should be kept away from children and pets.
Baclofen Safety information
It is no recommended to use if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
If any of these apply to you contact your doctor or health provider.
- Side-effects: blurred vision, drowsiness, dizziness, maybe light-headedness, which can worsen if you drink alcohol and take certain medicine along with it . You should use Baclofen with caution. Do not drive or perform hard tasks until you learn what effect it has on your organism.
- Drinking alcohol or using the medicine that can cause drowsiness, such as sleep pills or other muscle relaxers, while taking Baclofen can add to the effects. You should ask your doctor about what medicine can cause drowsiness to avoid it.
- Baclofen is not recommended for children under 12 years old, for the safety and effectiveness haven’t been confirmed for children.
- Benefits and risks of using Baclofen during pregnancy should be talked over with your doctor. Do not use Baclofen while breast-feeding. It is still not known if it can be found in breast milk.
Baclofen is to be used by the only one to whom it was prescribed. Do not give it to anyone else. In case your symptoms do not improve or it gets worse, consult your doctor.
Baclofen Side effects
If any of the side effects from the list below become persistent or bothersome contact you doctor:
- constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; fatigue; headache; nausea; sleeplessness.
If any of these severe effects occur seek medical attention immediately:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); frequent urination; seizures; blurred vision; increased weakness of arms or legs; confusion; slurred speech; sore throat; vomiting.