To treat sneezing; itching, watery eyes; runny nose; hives; itching; rashes and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold Periactin should be used.
During usage of Periactin follow the direction of your doctor.
- You can take Periactin with or without food.
- Using Periactin you should follow the instructions on the package, unless otherwise provide by your doctor.When you take Periactin without a prescriptions, remember to pay attention to any warnings and precautions on the label.
To know more about usage of Periactin, contact your health care provider.
Periactin is an antihistamine. The effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in your body are blocked by Periactin.
In case of missing a dose of Periactin it should be used as soon as possible. You shouldn’t take two doses together even if you dose is missed. Follow your regular dosing instructions.
Periactin is stored in a tightly closed container at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C), out of of the reach of children and away from pets. It isn’t stored in the bathroom, and it should be away from heat,moisture, and light. Brief periods at temperatures of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) are permitted.
Periactin Safety information
Periactin shouldn’t be used if you are allergic to any ingredient in it.
Your doctor or health care provider should be informed if any of these apply to you.
Do not forget:
- that dizziness or drowsiness may be caused by Cyproheptadine. If you feel dizziness or drowsiness , avoid driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities.
- That drowsiness and dizziness may be increased by alcohol while you’re taking Periactin.
Periactin Side effects
You shouldn’t take Periactin and must seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur.You can take Periactin and talk to your doctor if you r symptoms are:
- sleepiness, fatigue, or dizziness;
- dry mouth;
- difficulty urinating or an enlarged prostate.
Periactin should be used only on prescription. It shouldn’t be shared with other people.
You should see a doctor if you don’t feel better or become worse.