Elimite (Permethrin) kills the scabies mite (Sarcoptes scabiei).
Please ask your doctor’s advice before using Permethrin.
- Thoroughly massage into the skin from the head to the soles of the feet. Putting the medicine on the scalp is not necessary except in children and older patients;
- After 8 to 14 hours remove the medicine by washing;
- You may experience itching after treatment. This does not indicate treatment failure. Retreatment is necessary if living mites are seen after 14 days.
Have any questions? Ask your health care provider to understand how to use Elimite
In case of missing a dose of Elimite, use it as soon as possible and continue to follow your prescription.
Store Elimite between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Do not expose to heat, moisture, and light. Storing in the bathroom is not desirable. Keep Elimite out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Elmite Safety information
Do not use Elimite in case of having the allergic to any ingredient in Permethrin.
Read this important information about Permethrin carefully:
Do not share Permethrin with other people. It should be used only by the patient for whom it prescribed.
- Elimite Cream is for external use only. Using it near the eyes or allow it to come into contact with the inside of the nose, mouth, or genitals.
- If Permethrin comes into contact with these areas irritation may occur. Flush with water immediately if Elimite Cream gets in your eyes.
- Children younger than 2 months old should not be used in; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- If you become pregnant, contact your doctor to discuss the benefits and risks of using Elimite Cream. It is not known whether Permethrin Cream passes into breast milk after use on skin. It is better not to breast-feed while using Permethrin.
Elmite Side Effects
If any of these most common side effects of Permethrin persist or become bothersome check with your doctor:
- Itching or redness; mild burning or stinging; swelling.
If any of these severe side effects of Elimite occur looking for medical attention immediately:
- Hard allergic reactions expressed in rash; hives; itching; tightness in the chest; difficulty breathing; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.