Eurax is a scabicidal antipruritic. Only doctor can advise using Eurax.
- Take a bath and dry your skin as well as you can, before using Eurax.
- Shake well before use.
- If you have scabies you have to cover entire body with the medicine, from the chin down. Especially draw attention to apply medicine in all folds and creases of your body, such as between the fingers and toes, under the arms, and to the groin area. Medicine has to being rubbing completely. 24 hours have been passed after first applying it, unless directed otherwise by your doctor. Don’t take a bath between first and second applying. Clothing and bed linen have to be changed on the next morning. Dry-clean or wash it in the hot cycle of the washing machine. If 48 hours passed after the second dose take a bath to remove the medicine.
- If you have itching you have to completely and gently rub medicine into the affected areas. After that, wash your hands or they would be part of the treated area.
Still have any questions? Ask your health care provider to understand how to use Eurax.
In case of missing a dose of Eurax, use it as soon as possible and continue to follow your prescription.
Store Eurax between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Keep Crotamition away from heat, moisture, and light. Storing in the bathroom is not desirable. Keep Eurax out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Eurax Safety Information
Do not use Eurax in case of:
- Having severe irritation after applying;
- Having allergic to any ingredient of Eurax;
- Having irritation when applying topical medicines including Crotamition.
If any of these apply to you contact your doctor or health care provider right now.
- Do not use it if having some inflamed raw or weeping skin.
- Do not share Eurax with other people. It should be used only by the patient for whom it prescribed.
- Itching may not be cured for several weeks. It doesn’t mean, that Eurax doesn’t work. Before use it again contact your doctor.
- If you swallow Crotamition, you should address the doctor immediately, because it may be harmful. Contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately if you or somebody you know take Eurax Lotion by mouth.
- You must use Eurax with extreme caution in children. Safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Getting Crotamition in your eyes, nose, or mouth is not desirable. If it happened, rinse immediately with cool water.
- If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Eurax Lotion. It is unknown if Eurax is excreted in breast milk. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby, while breast-feeding.
Eurax Side Effects
If any of these most common side effects of Eurax persist or become bothersome check with your doctor:
- irritated skin.
If any of these severe side effects occur seek medical attention immediately:
- harsh allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- severe irritation.