Cytoxan is supplementary treatment applied to following cancer types (lymphoma, multiple myeloma, leukemia, mycosis fungoides, neuroblastoma, ovarian cancer, eye cancer, breast cancer), certain juvenile kidney diseases (nephrotic syndrome) and other by prescription.
Use according to doctor instructions.
Take orally with large amount of water.
Contact your therapist for farther instructions.
Impact: Cytoxan has antineoplastic action, stopping or reducing cancer cells growth and spread.
Keep regular hours. In case you've missed a dose, take it immediately and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Cytoxan at room temperature ( 68 to 77 F, 20 to 25 C) in dark, dry, cold places. Keep away from children and pets.
Cytoxan Safety information
- allergic to any ingredient of Cytoxan or to other similar medicines,
- first 3 months of pregnancy or breast-feeding,
- taking tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-blocking medicines (e.g,. etanercept).
Contact your doctor or health care provider immediately if any of these apply to you.
Cytoxan may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. To prevent bleeding, avoid situations in which bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark, tarry stools to your doctor.
Cytoxan may decrease your body's restorative ability. Contact your doctor for further instructions if you do not feel well.
Cytoxan may increase the risk of developing a second cancer, in some cases even years after stopping treatment with Cytoxan. Contact your doctor for farther instructions.
Cytoxan may decrease your immunity. Prevent infection by avoiding contact with people with colds or other infections. Notify your doctor of any signs of infection, including fever, sore throat, rashes, or chills.
Consult your therapist or dentist before any medical or dental treatments. If possible, inform the doctor or dentist at least 10 days before the procedure.
You should do lab tests, including complete blood cell counts, platelet counts, and urine tests, to control your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure you attend all the lab appointments.
Medical examination must be done to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
Use Cytoxan with caution in the elderly because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
Beware of the sensitiveness if using in the elderly.
Cytoxan may cause permanent infertility. Contact your doctor for farther instructions.
Contact your therapist before receiving any vaccinations while using Cytoxan.
Contraception is recommended while using Cytoxan.
Cytoxan may cause harm to the fetus. Avoid pregnancy while using . If you think you may be pregnant, discuss the issues of using Cytoxan during pregnancy with your therapist. Cytoxan is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast feed while taking Cytoxan.
Cytoxan is available only by prescription. Do not share it with other people. Contact your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they aggravate.
Cytoxan Side effects
Notify your doctor of any of these most common side effects:
- general unwell feeling;
- nausea; skin rash;
- color change in skin; diarrhea;
- appetite loss; hair loss;
- absence of menstrual periods;
- texture change in nails;
- stomach discomfort or pain;
- vomiting; weakness.
Call for Emergency if any of these symptoms occur:
- severe allergic reactions expressed in rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness seizures; severe stomach pain; shortness of breath;
- in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
- blood in urine; bloody or black tarry stools;
- persistent cough; pneumonia; red, swollen, or blistered skin;
- unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe tiredness or weakness;
- chest pain; chills; fever; hallucinations;
- increased or decreased urination; infection; lower back or abdominal pain;
- pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site; painful urination;
- sore throat; sores in the mouth; swelling of the hands or feet;
- yellowing of the skin or eyes.