Proscar is a medication from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This is the enlargement of the prostate gland. Finasteride reduces the symptoms of BPH, such as:
- frequent urination especially at night,
- weak or interrupted urinary stream,
- delay or hesitation when you start to urinate,
- feeling that you cannot empty your bladder completely
- feeling that you must urinate right away.
Finasteride reduces the risk of developing a sudden inability to pass urine and decreases the need for surgery. Finasteride is an enzyme inhibitor. It lowers the level of DHT hormone in your body that is responsible for prostate growth.
Use Proscar as directed by your doctor. Take Finasteride with or without food. We advise to use Proscar (Finasteride) at the same time each day will help you to remember.
If you missed a dose of Proscar , take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose of Finasteride just go back to your regular dosing schedule, but don’t “double-up”.
Store Finasteride at room temperature, not hotter than 30C. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store Finasteride in the bathroom. Keep Proscar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Proscar Safety Information
This medication (Finasteride) is for men only.
Do not use Proscar if you are allergic to any ingredient in Proscar.
While using Proscar, you may notice the decreased volume of ejaculate. Finasteride is not used to treat baldness.
Proscar Side Effects
Among the most common side effects persist are:
- decreased volume of ejaculate;
- decreased sex drive;
- breast enlargemen;
- inability to have an erection;
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- breast lumps, pain, or nipple discharge.