Eulexin is an antiandrogen. It prevents the action of male hormones androgens and is widelyused for treatment of cancer in men (prostate cancer).
Ask your health care provider or doctor any questions you may have about how to use Eulexin.
- Eulexin is usually taken three times a day (every 8 hours).
- Take drink a glass of water after each dose;
- Stop taking Flutamide only after consult with your doctor. Never stop taking it ubruptly.
If you miss a dose of Eulexin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Eulexin Safety information
Eulexin is contra-indicated for:
- Allergic individuals to any ingredient in Flutamide;
- All individuals who are female;
- Individuals with severe liver disease.
It is very important to know:
- Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments during taking Eulexin. It helps to monitor treatment or check for side effects;
- Do not take laxatives while using Eulexin, because it may cause diarrhea. If diarrhea occurs, ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend a treatment for you.
Do not administer this medicine to children. Store Eulexin at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Eulexin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- Eulexin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
Eulexin Side Effects
Notify your doctor these side effects persist or become bothersome:
- blood in the urine; decreased sex drive or ability; diarrhea; inflamed prostate; breast growth; nausea; rash; rectal bleeding; vomiting.
The listed above side effects are most likely to occur.
Seek medical attention right away in case of these harsh side effects:
- severe allergic reactions that may be expressed in rash; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; difficulty breathing; hives; tightness in the chest;
- unusual tiredness;
- brown urine;
- flu-like symptoms;
- stomach pain or tenderness;
- loss of appetite;
- muscle aches or soreness;
- severe diarrhea;
- yellowing of skin or eyes.