Celexa main appointment is treating depression, but you also may use it for other conditions with your's doctor permission.
Your doctor must direct you to use Celexa. You should have exact dosing instructutions.
Check the label on the medicine for it.
- Read a Medication Guide (a sheet with additional information for patient which Celixa has in the complect);
- You may use Citalopram with food or without it;
- Your doctor should reduce the dosage over a few days to a week for stoping use Celexa (if it is necessary);
- Your depression may improve during first four weeks. At this time you should continue to use Celexa as directed;
- If you are going to refilled Celexa you should reread a sheet again;
- Remember that you need not to miss any doses.
Celexa refers to class of selective serotunin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Celexa increases the supply of serotomin, which helps for restoring the chemical balance of brain and improving mood.
If one dose was missed, you need to skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule.
Do not take 2 doses at once.
Keep Celexa at the room temperature, away from sunlight and moisture, out of the reach of children.
Celexa Safety information
These people should refrain from using Celexa:
- who is taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) or St.John's wort within last 14 days;
- who is having allergy to any ingridient in Citalopram;
- who is taking astemizole, primozide, dexfenfluramine, phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine),
- sibutramine, or terfenade.
If one or a few these points apply to you, you must contact your doctoror health care provider.
- Perfoming any potentially tasks as operating machinery, driving aren't recommended until you know reaction of your's organism to Celexa
- Your ability of driving or doing anything else that could devote to danger can be less than usually if you use Celexa alone, with other medicines, or with alcohol.
- Contact your doctor if your symptoms will worsen (anxiety, agatation, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, suicidal thinking)
- The effects of alcohol and other depressants will be intensified if you use Celexa. Consult with your pharmacist about medicines which are depressants.
- At the start of treatment with Celexa and each time when you change dose, you are recommended to pass additional monitoring of your condition.
- For monitoring your progress you may pass Lab tests. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments. Safety and effectiveness of using Celexa in children haven't confirmed. You recommended not to do it.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant using Celexa, consult with your doctor about the possible advantages and disadvantages of using Celexa in this period. Because Celica may cause harm to the human fetus.
- If you are pregnant, discuss with your doctor the gradually decreasing your dose in the last trimester of pregnancy. When you use Celexa, don't breast-feed, because Celexa is excreted in breast milk.
Only people with prescription may use Celexa. Try not to share it with other people.
Celexa Side effects
If your notice any of these effects of Celexa you should check with your doctor:
Change in taste; upset stomach; diarrhea; decreased menstrual flow or painful periods; dry mouth; impotence; ejaculation disorder; increased sweating; nausea; runny nose; sinus inflamation; tiredness; loss of appetite; tremor; weight loss or gain.
If any of these serious side effects occur after taking Citalopram you must search for medical attention immediately:
severe allergic reactions expressed in rash; hives; tightness in cheast; difficulty breathing; swelling in the mouth; face; lips; or tongue or anxiety; cold sweat; confusion; dizziness; fatigue; hostility; impulsiveness; seizures; shakiness; sleeplessness; sore throat or fever; vision changes; suicidal thoughts or behavior; worsening of depression.