Being an antihyperlipidemic agent Zetia reduces the amount of cholesterol or other sterols absorbed by the body from your diet.
Use Zetia as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop using Zetia even if you start feeling well and do not skip any doses.
- It is advised to take Zetia the same time every day, which helps not forgetting your dose.
- Take Hyzaar orally with or without food.
- Do not take any bile acid sequestrant (eg, cholestyramine, colesevelam, colestipol) within 4 hours before or 2 hours after taking Zetia. Contact your doctors in case of any questions.
Contact to your health care provider if any questions regarding how to use Zetia.
In case of missed dose, take Zetia as soon as possible. If you discover that you forgot your dose and it is time for next one, skip it and get back to regular schedule. Don’t take 2 doses at a time.
Zetia must be kept at temperature 77ºF (25ºC). It is acceptable to shortly store at temperatures 59-86ºF (15-30ºC). Keep away from contact with heat moisture, and light. Do not store Zetia in the bathroom. Keep away from reach of children and/or pets.
Zetia Safety information
Do not use Zetia in case of:
- disposition to severe liver problems;
- allergy to any Zetia’s ingredients.
This information is very important for patients who take Ezetimibe:
- Make sure you know your reaction to the medicine before driving or performing other possibly unsafe tasks.
- To achieve best results, use Zetia together with exercising, low-cholesterol and low-fat diet, and weight loss program if you are overweight.
- If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You should contact your doctor in case of pregnancy to discuss benefits and risks of Zetia use. It is not discovered if Zetia was found in breast milk, check with your doctor on this occasion as well if you plan to breast-feed.
- Advise with your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness.
- Lab tests (including liver function tests and cholesterol levels) for monitoring your condition or checking for side effects may be performed, while using Ezetimibe. Do not miss any doctor and lab appointments.
- Children under 10 should not use Ezetimibe; safety and effectiveness of the medicine on these kids was not tested.
- Ezetimibe should be used only if prescribed. Never share this medicine with other people.
Zetia Side effects
Contact to your doctor if you discover any of these most common side effects of Ezetimibe:
- diarrhea; headache; joint pain; sinus inflammation; sore throat; stomach pain; dizziness; tiredness.
Immediate medical attention is a must if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (e.g. rash or hives); unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness; chest pain; dark urine; yellowing of the eyes or skin.