Zestril is a medicament of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors’ class. It decreases blood pressure and makes the heart to pump easily with the help of relaxing blood vessels.
Lisinopril must be used as it was directed by your doctor. You should read dosing instructions on the label.
- You can eat or not eat before taking Zestril.
- You should not take more than one dose at once.
If you have other questions connected with how to use medicine, ask your health care provider.
Use the missed dose as soon as possible. But do not use extra doses if it is already the time for another one.
Keep Zestril away from moisture and sunlight in the places, where children could not reach it.
Zestril Safety information
Lisinopril should not be used if:
- you had angiodems - a hoarseness, difficulties with swallowing and breathing, or even a swelling of some parts of your body - especially caused by ACE inhibitors;
- you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the medicine;
- you are pregnant at more than first trimester;
- this medication is for child, who has severe problems with kidney.
If it is about you, then consult with your doctor or health care provider.
Read this important information carefully:
- If you are not sure how you will react to possibly unsafe tasks (for example, driving), do not do them.
- Black patients have even more risk of the development of angiodema. Consult with your doctor, if symptoms do not improve or get even worse.
- If you take the medicament for high pressure, you could experience tiredness during a few weeks after starting treatment. Take Zestril even if you may feel not very good. If any new symptoms appear, tell about them to your doctor.
- Contact your health care provider as soon as possible, if any of these occur: vomiting, excessive sweating, dehydration or diarrhea, - as they can increase the risk of low blood pressure.
- Attention for pregnant and breast-feeding! Birth defects or fetal death could be caused by taking Zestril during the pregnancy. Contact your doctor as soon as possible, if you think that you are pregnant. You should not breast-feed while you take the medicine, because it is unknown exactly, if Zestril is found in the breast milk.
- Angiodema – is a serious side effect of the Zestril. Contact your doctor as soon as possible, if you notice any symptoms like swelling of the parts of the body, difficulties with swallowing and breathing, hoarseness.
- Sometimes Zestril can cause the decrease of your body’s ability to fight with infections, especially if you have other diseases, for example, like kidney problems or collagen vascular disease.
- Before getting any surgery, medical, dental or emergency care, inform your doctor that you use Zestril.
- Elderly people should use Zestril more carefully, because its effect on them is more intensive.
- Do not use non-prescripted products, if you have high pressure. They can contain cold medicines, stimulants or diet pills. Consult with your doctor firstly.
- It is important for diabetes patients to know, that Zestril sometimes effects your blood sugar. So you need to check your blood sugar levels regularly and set the dose of your biabetes medicaments as it was directed by your doctor.
- Usage of Zestril does not forbid any lab tests as they can be used for monitoring of your condition or checking for side effects. Do not forget to keep all medical appointments.
Zestril Side effects
If any of these side effects persist and become troublesome, consult with your doctor:
- cough; dizziness or unusual tiredness; diarrhea; headache.
Ask for medical attention at once, if one of these negative side effects appear:
- chest pain; dark urine or decreased urination; difficulties with swallowing; infections like fever, chills or persistent sore throat; severe allergic reactions (itching; difficulty breathing; rash; hives; tightness in the chest; swelling of the body parts;); irregular or slow heartbeat; symptoms of low blood pressure as fainting, hoarseness, lightheadedness and severe dizziness; stomach pain accompanied with vomiting and nausea or not; skin or eyes yellowing.