Cymbalta is a remedy from depression and general anxiety. It helps from pain caused by diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPNP). Also Cymbalta may be applied and in other cases. This must be specifically determined by a doctor.
Cymbalta is applied only at the direction of a doctor. The exact dosage is given in the instructions.
- Take Cymbalta orally regardless of the meal.
- Duloxetine capsule take a whole, do not open the capsule and sprinkle the contents on food, either in liquid.
- Take Cymbalta at the same time in order to obtain the greatest impact.
- Continue to take Duloxetine, even if you feel fine.
Cymbalta is a member of the class of medicines called serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). This medication is working to restore some balance in the natural substances in the brain (serotonin and norepinephrine), which helps improve the mood of some of the problems.
If you missed the reception Cymbalta dose, take it as soon as possible. But if the time has come to the reception next dose, take only one dose. Do not take 2 doses at once.
The general recommendation concerning conditions of storage of Cymbalta is to keep it at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is not prohibited. Do not store Cymbalta in the bathroom. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Cymbalta out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Cymbalta Safety information
Do not use Cymbalta if:
- you have liver problems or severe kidney problems, or are having dialysis;
- you have ever had an allergic reaction to any ingredient in Cymbalta;
- you have uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma;
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days;
- you are taking a quinolone antibiotic (e.g., ciprofloxacin), a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) (e.g., fluoxetine, fluvoxamine), a SNRI (e.g., venlafaxine), thioridazine, or tryptophan.
Contact your doctor or nurse promptly if any of these applies to you.
- not to travel by car or carry out other, possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- It may take a few weeks before your symptoms improve. Do not take more than the recommended dose or use longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- among children, adolescents and young adults who can take Cymbalta suicidal thoughts. Watch patients who are taking Cymbalta closely. Call to a doctor as soon as symptoms such as reducing mood, anxiety, anxiety, or irritable behavior, panic attacks, or any unusual changes in mood and behavior occur. Talk to a doctor immediately if there suicidal thoughts.
- Check blood sugar often. Ask your doctor before changing the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- You will have to wait for at least 5 days before the start to take certain other medicines (such as MAOIs), after the reception Cymbalta. Ask your doctor when you should start taking your new drugs.
- Duloxetine may cause harm to the fetal, if it is used in the last 3 months of pregnancy. If you become pregnant, consult a doctor. You need to discuss the advantages and risks of the use of Cymbalta while you are pregnant. Cymbalta is in the milk. Do not feed, taking Cymbalta.The measurement of blood pressure and other laboratory tests can be performed while you are using Cymbalta. Remember to keep all doctor and cabinet appointments.
- For older people with kidney problems, low blood pressure or high blood potassium, use Cymbalta with caution.
- Cymbalta should be used with extreme caution in children, the safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
Cymbalta is to be used only for patients for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
Cymbalta Side effects
Adress your doctor if you have any of these most common side effects of Cymbalta, especially if they persist or worsen:
- blurred vision, dizziness, decreased sexual desire or ability, constipation, diarrhea, muscle pain, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache, increased sweating, loss of appetite, nausea, sleep problems, sore throat, fatigue, vomiting.
Immediately contact your doctor if any of these serious side effects occurred after you took Cymbalta:
- severe allergic reactions (rashes, hives, shortness of breath, itching, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue); anxiety, hallucinations, confusion; abundant sweat, dark urine, fainting, fast or irregular heartbeat, vomiting or diarrhea; fever or chills, loss of coordination, new or worsening of agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, seizures, irritability, hostility, anxiety, or inability to sit still, a red, blister or peeling skin, swollen, severe or persistent nausea, unusual or severe mental or mood changes; severe or persistent sleep problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, tremor, problems urinating, worsening depression; yellowing of the skin or eyes.