Nolvadex is a drug for treatment of breast cancer that has invaded nearby tissues or spread throughout the body.
It is better if you will be under the doctor's observation during the administration of the Nolvadex.
- Nolvadex may be taken orally irrespective of food intake.
- Drink water or another nonalcoholic liquid after Nolvadex.
- The most result can be achieved by swallowing this pills whole. It is not recommended to break, crush, or chew pills before swallowing.
- Take Nolvadex even in period of remission. Do not forget to drink every dose of Nolvadex. Take Nolvadex at the same time each day. This custom will help you to remember to take it.
Consult with your health care provider about usage of Nolvadex.
Nolvadex has its clinical effects due to their estrogen lowering effects. It influences the certain disease mechanisms: block the effect of estrogen on tumors. This action may prevent the growth of tumors.
If you forget to take drugs , take it as soon as possible. If time for your next dose comes, miss one dose and go back to your usual dosing schedule. It is not advisable to take 2 doses at once.
Store between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from moisture, heat, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not take tablets after the l. Keep Nolvadex in childproof place. Keep out of reach of pets.Nolvadex Safety information
The usage of Nolvadex is not recommended or even prohibited (ask your doctor about this) in such cases:
- you are taking Anastrozole;
- you are using Nolvadex to reduce your risk of breast cancer and you have a history of blood clots in the lung or leg;
- you take anticoagulants (for example Warfarin);
- you have ever had allergic reaction to any ingredient in Nolvadex.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
There are certain recommendations for those who use Nolvadex.
- Do not do anything that potentially may be dangerous or unsafe until you know how you react to it. For example – do not drive.
- Nolvadex reduces the quantity of platelets in your blood. That’s why it is advised to avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury. Tell your doctor if you have tarry, dark, or bloody stools.Notify your doctor promptly if you have unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Sometimes Nolvadex lowers the ability of your immunity. Do not contact with people who have flu or infections. Immediately adress your doctor if you suspect signs of infection like fever, rash, sore throat, or chills.
- Women who take Nolvadex to reduce the risk of breast cancer should have a mammogram, breast exam, and gynecological exam before starting and during treatment with Nolvadex. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Nolvadex will not prevent you from becoming pregnant. Take birth control measures – use condoms and address your doctor immediately if you think you may be pregnant, because Nolvadex may cause harm to fetal. Do not breast-feed while taking Nolvadex.
These are most common side effects, that may occur while treatment with Nolvadex. If they persist or become bothersome notify your doctor:
- Coughing or bone pain; constipation; muscle pain; hot flashes; nausea; vaginal discharge; tiredness; weight loss.
If you had a severe allergic reactions expressed in rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unexplained hoarseness or any or listed below side effects address your doctor immediately.
- Abnormal or missed menstrual periods;
- dark urine;
- abnormal vaginal bleeding or bloody discharge;
- chest pain; coughing up blood;
- loss of appetite;
- decreased sexual desire or ability;
- fever, chills, or persistent sore throat;
- groin or pelvic pain or pressure;
- new or increased breast tumor or pain;
- loss of balance or coordination;
- new or unusual lumps; one-sided weakness.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.