Robaxin is medicine for relieving pain of muscles and discomfort. Cause of it is usually sprains and strains. The physical therapy and rest are used in combination with this medicine.
Your doctor shall direct the right way to use Robaxin.
- It is forbidden to take the medicine for longer than recommended and in larger amounts.
- Accept Robaxin with a glass of water.
- There is not a difference you take Robaxin with or without food.
Robaxin relaxes skeletal muscles.It is unknown the precise way the medicine works,possibly to depress the central nervous system. There is no direct effect on the muscle.
If it is near to time for your next dose and you missed a dose of Methocarbamol before it, you can skip the missed dose and take your regular dosing schedule. Do not accept 2 doses at one time.
Robaxin should be stored at room temperature, between 20 and 25 degrees C. (68 and 77 degrees F). Store it away from light moisture, heat. Keep Robaxin in place not accessible for children and don’t keep where pets can reach.
Robaxin Safety information
You shouldn’t use Robaxin if:
- you began taking sodium oxybate (GHB);
- you have allergy to any ingredient in Robaxin;
- you have problems with kidney.
It is important for you if you use Robaxin:
- Drowsiness, light-headedness, dizziness, blurred vision may be caused by Methocarbamol.
- If you take it with alcohol or some medicines these effects may be worse. Accept Robaxin with carefulness. Be sure you know how you react to it and then drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks or not.
- Do not use medicines that may cause drowsiness (e.g., sleep aids, muscle relaxers) and don’t drink alcohol while you are using Robaxin ; it may add to their effects. Consult with your pharmacist any questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Except for the treatment of tetanus Robaxin should not be given for more than 3 days in succession
- The elderly may be more sensitive to effects of Robaxin, so use it with caution.
- You should use Robaxin with maximal caution with children younger than 12 years old; effectiveness and safety in them have not been confirmed.
- In case you become pregnant, consult with your doctor. The benefits and risks of using Robaxin are out of your understanding so you need to discuss it while you are pregnant. It is unrecognized fact that Robaxin is found in breast milk. So ddiscuss any possible risks to your baby and check with your doctor if you are breast-feeding or will be breast-feeding while you use Robaxin.
Robaxin Side effects
Please check with your doctor if you experienced any of these side effects:
- dizziness, sleeplessness, drowsiness or light-headedness;
- headache or fainting;
- muscle in coordination;
- nasal stuffiness; nausea; pink eye;
- swelling; blurred or double vision;
- vomiting; confusion;
- rapid eye movement.
You need medical attention right away in case any of these severe side effects occur:
- Memory loss; slow heartbeat; seizures; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- Severe allergic reactions (difficulty breathing; hives; rash; tightness in the chest; itching;swelling of the face, mouth, lips, or tongue) is unlikely.
You should use Methocarbamol only if it is prescribed for you.If your symptoms become worse or do not improve, you need in attention of your doctor. Do not share Robaxin with other people.