The medication Imdur is usually prescribed for treatment and prevention chest pain (angina). Imdur refers to the class of medications called a nitrate vasodilators. It acts by widening the blood vessels in the body. This reduces the workload of the heart and helps to relieve chest pain.
You should use Imdur as directed by your doctor. Remember the following rules:
- Take Imdure twice daily. The brake between the doses must be 7 hours. If you doctor didn’t direct the exact hours to take Imdur, preferably take the first dose early in the morning, after you wake up.
- Imdur is taken orally disregarding meals.
- Imdur is such a kind of medication that may increase the risk of side effects if stopped intake abruptly. In case you need to stop Imdur or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually decrease your dose.
If you are taking Imdur regularly and miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If more than one dose is missed address your doctor for further instructions.
The conditions for storing Imdur is room temperature, that is between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Keep Imdur out of the reach of children and pets. Do not expose Imdur to heat, moisture, and sunlight and do not store Imdur in the bathroom.
Imdur Safety information
You should not use Imdur if any of listed below conditions concern you:
- previously you had allergic reaction to any ingredient in Imdur or to other nitrate medicines;
- you regularly drink alcohol or you are taking sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil;
If you are treating with Imdur, keep in mind:
- It is not advised to drive to do any other possibly unsafe tasks that may require alertness until you know how you react to Imdur. Imdur may cause dizziness, light headedness, or fainting.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking Imdur because alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase light headedness or dizziness. If you felt dizzy, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning.
- If you just started taking Imdur, you may experience headaches. Your doctor may prescribe you some other medication to reduce headaches caused by Imdur.
- If you have to do any lab tests, notify your doctor that you are using Imdur.
- Do not use Imdur for treatment of children, it may be unsafe for their health.
- It is not known if Imdur is found in breast milk. We do not recommend to breastfeed while you are treating with Imdur. Do not use Imdur while pregnancy.
Imdur is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
Imdur Side effects
Inform your doctor when you will have such possibility if any of these side effects persist or become bothersome:
Your doctor may prescribe you some medication to reduce them or lower the dose of Imdur.
Call emergency immediately if any of these severe side effects of Isosorbide-5-Mononitrate occur:
- severe allergic reactions;
- changes in vision and fainting;
- numbness of an arm or leg or sudden leg pain;
- severe stomach pain;
- sharp or crushing chest pain or sudden shortness of breath;
- sudden and severe headache;
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, notify your doctor as soon as possible.