Possible Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
The stomach is located in upper part of the tummy and is an important part of digestive system. Stomach cancer is a disease also referred in medical literature as gastric cancer. It develops if cancer cells form in the lining of the stomach. The reasons of stomach cancer are still unknown, so it is not easy to give recommendations on its prevention. Two theories are: stomach cancer may appear if you have a history of such disease in your family or if you have chronic gastritis. However, if you have healthy lifestyle, avoid smoking, eat enough vegetables and fruits, do not eat over salted and too greasy food, there is a big possibility to avoid stomach cancer when you become old.
First thing if you suspect some symptoms of problems with stomach is to revert to the doctor at once. The timely recognized symptoms of stomach cancer can help you save your stomach in many situations, because mainly stomach cancer is not expressed in any symptoms at first, and then it is late already. The very first signs of discomfort in your stomach should be the reason to address your doctor, make all possible lab tests and if it is cancer, start treatment immediately. However, if you feel discomfort in the stomach, this does not compulsory mean it is the stomach cancer. This may be a sign of any other stomach disease, including imbalance in stomach acid, or ulcers.
The symptoms which should make you call the doctor immediately are:
- Severe abdominal pain or discomfort.
- Diarrhea and constipation, which last for a long time.
- Blood in the stools. The test for hidden blood in the stools is very important in early cancer diagnosing. This symptom may be caused by side effects of some medications, as well. If you notice blood in stools, seek emergency care immediately.
- You have lost weight without such intension. This symptom may be indicator of diabetes, intestinal worms or other conditions, as well as cancer, especially if it is accompanied by loss of appetite which lasts for longer than 2-3 days and bloating after food. It is desirable to talk to your doctor if you notice the described symptoms.
- If you feel nauseous and vomiting for more than 3 days in a row, this may mean stomach cancer.
Do not ignore these symptoms and be healthy!