Oral Allergy Information

Nuts

Usually reactions of hypersensitivity to certain fresh food products like fruits or nuts develop in people who suffer from hay fever. The mechanism of development of food allergy is the same as in the case with hay fever: immune system takes the food proteins as pollen proteins. Such problem is often called “pollen food allergy”. The person with food allergy should avoid meals containing the food which causes allergic reaction in his or her body. Some people have allergic reaction to certain food only if it is fresh, other develop allergic symptoms even if the food is cooked. Peeling and cooking food always decrease the symptoms of allergy in throat but have little impact on gastrointestinal allergic reactions. The bottom line here is the simple rule: once you have understood which food makes your body give allergic reaction, you should avoid it in any form.

People with severe allergic reactions should ask the healthcare professional about the medications that they could carry with. Sometimes this should be injectable medications, or antihistamines. Many people with allergy are being saved by immunotherapy with medications like Prednisone.

If you suffer from allergy, you should know about possible cross-reactions. This will help you avoid developing severe allergy, because certain pollen hay fever reaction triggers certain pollen food reactions.

For example, Mugwort pollen trigger allergy to carrots, fennel, celery, parsley, coriander, peppers, and sunflower. Grass pollen is dangerous because of possible cross reaction to melons, tomatoes, figs or oranges. Birch pollen may potentially cause allergy to apricots, peaches, pears, carrots, almonds, apples, celery, cherries, chicory, coriander, fennel, fig, kiwifruit, nectarines, parsley, parsnips, peppers, plums, potatoes, prunes, soy, wheat and nuts.

The most important thing about food allergies is that they should be diagnosed correctly, and this I not always so easy. If you have vomiting or diarrhea after taking some food product, this does not mean you are allergic to this kind of food. Maybe it was not enough washed before using and this is a sign of intestinal infection. However, if you always have such reaction to this kind of food, whenever you eat it, you should avoid it and revert to the doctor or other healthcare professional, so that he or she could prescribe you some medications to treat allergy. It is better to treat allergy to one kind of food, then wait until you will have to significantly restrict your diet and treat with serious medication. Good luck and be healthy!



Leave Your Comment

Add Comment

Your Name:
Your email:
We will never publish your email. We will use only to contact with you.
 Receive answers on email
Message:

Confirm code Confirm code: