Amoxicillin is used to treat infections if organism is sensitive to the effects of Amoxicillin. This should be decided by your doctor. Trimox is used for the following common infections: infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, larynx (laryngitis), bronchi (bronchitis), lungs (pneumonia), urinary tract, and skin. It also is used to treat gonorrhea.
Trimox (Amoxicillin) adult dosing are 250 mg every 8 hours, 500 mg every 8 hours, 500 mg every 12 hours or 875 mg every 12 hours for the most infections, depending on the type and severity of infection. For the adult gonorrhea treatment the dose is 3 g given as one dose. children older than 3 months but less than 40 kg are treated with 25 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 12 hours, 20 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 8 hours, 40 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 8 hours or 45 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 12 hours for the most infections depending on type and severity of the infection.
Amoxicillin is an antibiotic that refers to a class of antibiotics called penicillins. This class contains also ampicillin (Unasyn), piperacillin (Pipracil), ticarcillin (Ticar) and a several others all of which have similar mechanism of action - blocking bacteria from dividing by preventing bacteria from building the walls that surround them. Namely, they protect bacteria from their environment and to keep the members of the bacterial cell together. It is impossible to bacteria to live without the wall. Amoxicillin has an impact on many different bacteria including H. influenzae, N. gonorrhoea, E. coli, Pneumococci, Streptococci, and certain strains of Staphylococci.
If you miss to take a dose, do it as soon as you discover it. Take all the doses during the day at the equal intervals. . If the nearest time of taking an over-due dose is close to the next taking, skip the one to return to the regular scheme. Do not take two doses at once if it is not prescribed by the doctor.
Keep Trimox capsules and unreconstituted powder at or below 20 degrees C (68 degrees F). Keep chewable tablets at room temperature 15 degrees - 30 degrees C (59-86 degrees F). If you mix powder with water it should be discarded within 14 days. It is preferable to store powder mixed with water in the refrigerator, but not required.
Trimox Safety information
There exists no restriction on food, beverages, or activity during the Amoxicillin treatment if it is not directed by the doctor. Amoxicillin is rarely connected with important drug interactions. The impact of Amoxicillin on pregnant women has not been studied yet. Minor amounts of Amoxicillin can penetrate into the breast milk and can cause diarrhea or allergic reactions in nursing babies. Side effects from Amoxicillin contain diarrhea, dizziness, heartburn, insomnia, nausea, itching, vomiting, confusion, abdominal pain, easy bruising, and bleeding, rash and allergic reactions.
Trimox Side effects
- Turn to your doctor at once if you experience severe or bloody diarrhea and abdominal cramps during treatment with Amoxicillin.
- If you experience any of the following serious side effects stop taking Prevacid and turn to the doctor immediately.
- an allergic reaction (breath shortness; throat closing; hives; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; rash; or fainting);
- seizures; or
- unusual bleeding or bruising.
- You will possibly experience less serious side effects. Keep on taking Amoxicillin and talk to your doctor in the case of:
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain;
- white patches on the tongue (thrush/ yeast infection);
- itching or discharge of the vagina (vaginal yeast infection);
- black, "hairy" tongue or sore mouth or tongue.
- There is the possibility of other side effects not mentioned here to occur. You should talk to your doctor if you experience any unusual or, especially, bothersome side affect.