Mentax is used for treating certain fungal infections of the skin. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor, which may not be listed in the professional package insert.
How to take
Use Mentax as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Mentax works best if it is used at the same time(s) each day.
Wash and completely dry the affected area. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
Use enough cream to cover the affected areas and the healthy skin close to the affected areas.
Wash your hands immediately after using Mentax.
Do not cover the area with bandages or other dressings unless directed by your health care provider.
Continue to use Mentax for the full treatment time recommended by your health care provider, even though symptoms have gotten better.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Mentax is a topical antifungal. It works by killing sensitive fungi by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and weakening it.
If you miss a dose of Mentax, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Store at room temperature between 41 and 86 degrees F (5-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture.
Do NOT use Mentax if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Mentax
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Mentax. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Mentax. However, no specific interactions with Mentax are known at this time.
Possible Side Effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Burning; inflammation; irritation; itching; redness; stinging.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
If you have any questions about Neurontin, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Neurontin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.