Flonase Spray is a corticosteroid. It reduces inflammatory reactions in the nasal airway in reply to allergens and irritants in the atmosphere.
Flonase Spray should be used as it was directed by your doctor.
- To use a spray you should shake it before.
- Gently blow your nose before the use of the spray. You need to sit and tilt a head back. Put the tip of the spray container into your nose. Use a finger from your other hand for pressing against the opposite nostril to close it off. Now breathe through the nostril and squeeze the spray container. If you are using not only 1 spray, wait for a few minutes between sprays. To prevent contamination after the using of the medicament wash the tip of the spray unit in hot water and dry with a clean hankie.
- Your condition will start to improve after 12 hours after you start using Flonase Spray, and should improve in a few days. You will achieve the full benefit only after the several days of using the spray.
- Have a regular schedule of using Fluticasone Spray to get the most effect from it.
- Use the medicament at the same time daily will help you not to forget about your schedule.
Use the missed dose of Fluticasone Spray as soon as possible. But do not use extra doses if it is already the time for another one.
Store the medicament in the temperature of 39-86 degrees F (4-30 degrees C) away from children and pets.
Flonase Safety information
You should not use Fluticasone Spray if:
- you have an allergy to any component of Flonase Spray.
If it is about you, then consult your doctor or health care provider as soon as possible.
It is important to know before using Fluticasone:
- Inform your doctor or dentist that you use Flonase Spray before you receive surgery, dental or other medical care.
- Use caution if you switch to the spray from an oral steroid (eg, prednisone). Several months may be taken for you to make enough natural steroids to handle events that cause physical stress. Surgery, injury, loss of blood electrolytes, unexpected asthma attack or an infection could be an example of such events. These can be severe or even lethal. If any of these events appear, contact your doctor as soon as possible. At all times take a card saying you can need an oral steroid (eg, prednisone), if any of these events appear, with you.
- If you were not sick with chickenpox or measles, do not get in touch with anyone who did.
- For pregnant and breast-feeding: You require to talk about the advantages and risks of using Flonase Spray while you are pregnant with your doctor. Check with your doctor if you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Fluticasone Spray as it is unknown exactly, if Flonase Spray is found in the breast milk. Discuss all potential risks to your baby.
- Do not spray in the eyes.
- Children and teenagers need regular growth checks while they are using the medicine as corticosteroids may influence on their growth rate.
- Do not try to treat children with Flonaze, especially if they are younger than 4 years, because the safety and efficiency of the medicament for them was not confirmed.
- Consult your doctor, if your condition do not improve or even become worse.
Flonase Side effects
If any of these most general side effects endure or become troublesome, consult your doctor:
- symptoms of asthma; bronchitis; changes in or loss of senses of smell and taste; cough; dizziness; aches and pains; fever; diarrhea; flu-like symptoms: headache, muscle pains, fever, tiredness; the nose and throat infection; nasal annoyance or burning; nosebleed; runny nose; vomiting; nausea; sore throat; stomach-ache.
Ask for emergency medical attention if any of these negative side effects appear:
- harsh allergic reactions (hives; rash; itching; tightness in the chest; difficulties with breathing; mouth, face, lips or tongue swelling); growth suppression in children; cataracts; increased eye pressure; hoarseness; the nose or throat infection or pain; repetitive nosebleeds; nasal septum perforation; changes of the voice.