Desloratadine is used to treat symptoms and signs of allergy. Clarinex is an antihistamine. It reduces the symptoms of an allergic reaction by blocking the action of histamine.
Using Clarinex is possible only by your doctor’s advice.
- Take Clarinex with or without food.
- Swallow Clarinex whole, do not crush or chew it.
- Do not miss any doses. Even if you feel well continue to take Clarinex at the same time each day will help you to remember to take it.
Do you have any questions? Ask your health care provider to understand how to use Clarinex.
Do not miss doses of Clarinex. If you do that, take it as soon as remember, but if it is almost time for your next dose, do not take 2 at once, skip the last one and go back to your regular schedule.
Store Clarinex between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Do not expose Desloratadine to heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep it away from children and pets.
Clarinex Safety information
Do not use Clarinex in case of having allergic to any ingredient in Desloratadine.
If any of these apply to you contact your doctor or health care provider right now.
Here is important information about Desloratadine:
- Do not share Clarinex with other people. It should be used only by the patient for whom it prescribed.
- Until you know how you react to Clarinex do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks.
- If you become pregnant, contact your doctor to discuss the benefits and risks of using Clarinex while you are pregnant.
- Do not use Desloratadine for treating children younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Do not breast-feed while taking Clarinex, because it is found in breast milk.
Clarinex Side Effects
If any of these most common side effects of Clarinex persist or become bothersome check with your doctor:
- dizziness; dry mouth; drowsiness; fatigue; indigestion; headache; muscle pain; nausea; painful menstruation; sore throat; throat inflammation; unusual tiredness.
If any of these severe side effects occur after taking Desloratadine looking for medical attention immediately:
- Hard allergic reactions expressed inrash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dark urine; fast or irregular heartbeat; pale stools; seizures; severe stomach pain; yellowing of the skin or eyes.