- erosive esophagitis (damage to the esophagus from stomach acid);
- other conditions involving excess stomach acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Follow your doctor’s directions in Protonix usage.
- You should take Protonix in concordance with your doctor’s prescriptions for you individually. Don’t take more or less dosage and no longer, than it is recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Protonix should be taken with a full glass of water.
- It doesn’t matter if you take Pantoprazole with or without food.
- Be attentive while taking a pill: swallow the whole pill without crushing, chewing or breaking an enteric-coated tablet. Breaking the pill could damage a special coating made to protect your stomach.
If you still have any questions about Protonix dosage, please, consult your health care provider.
Protonix is in a group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors, which act by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Try not to miss a dose of Protonix. If it happens, take it as you are able to. If too much time has passed and you need to take the next dose, take it, skipping the previous one. Follow your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Protonix at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). It’s permitted a brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture and light; keep out of the reach of children and pets; don’t keep Protonix in bathroom.
Protonix Safety information
You should not use Pantoprazole if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Protonix.
If you have this symptom, please, contact your doctor or health care provider before taking Protonix.
It is important:
- Before you drive, operate machinery or do some actions that require your full attention and may be dangerous, make sure that you are lacking any side effects. You may experience lessening of ability to drive or to perform other potentially dangerous tasks, when you use Protonix either alone, or with certain other medicines, or with alcohol.
- Consult your doctor, if you become pregnant. Ask about positive and negative effects of taking Protonix during pregnancy. Protonix will get into breast milk. Ask your doctor about possible risk to your baby if you are breast-feeding while taking Protonix.
- If you make some certain lab tests, announce laboratory personnel and your doctors that you use Protonix. Eg, Protonix may cause false positive urine screen for THC/marijuana.
- Some other tests, such as liver function, help to observe your condition and show, if any improvement is taking place. You should follow all doctors and lab appointments.
- Safety and effectiveness of Protonix have not been confirmed concerning children. If you use Protonix in children, do it with extreme caution.
Protonix Side Effects
Discuss with your doctor possible side effects that may bother you. The most common are the following:
- constipation; dizziness or headache; sleeplessness; diarrhea or indigestion; nausea; pain and swelling at the injection site; runny nose; unusual stomach pain.
Be attentive, if some of the following severe side effects come about. You should seek medical attention as soon as you find out it:
- Harsh allergic reactions (rash; difficulty breathing; hives; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain.