Prinivil is a medicament of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors’ class. It decreases blood pressure and makes the heart to pump easily with the help of relaxing blood vessels.
Prinivil (Lisinopril) must be used as it was directed by your doctor. You should read dosing instructions on the label.
- You can eat or not eat before taking Prinivil.
- You should not take more than one dose at once.
If you have other questions connected with how to use Lisinopril, ask your health care provider.
Use the missed dose as soon as possible. But do not use extra doses if it is already the time for another one.
Keep Lisinopril away from moisture and sunlight in the places, where children could not reach it.
Prinivil Safety information
Lisinopril should not be used if:
- you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the medicine;
- you had angiodems - a hoarseness, difficulties with swallowing and breathing, or even a swelling of some parts of your body - especially caused by ACE inhibitors;
- you are pregnant at more than first trimester;
- it is for child, who has severe problems with kidney.
If it is about you, then consult with your doctor or health care provider.
Read carefully as it is important:
- If you are not sure how you will react to possibly unsafe tasks (for example, driving), do not do them.
- Usage of Prinivil does not forbid any lab tests as they can be used for monitoring of your condition or checking for side effects. Do not forget to keep all medical appointments.
- Black patients have even more risk of the development of angiodema. Consult with your doctor, if symptoms do not improve or get even worse.
- The probability of side effects is much higher if you are of age 65+.
- Contact your health care provider as soon as possible, if any of these occur: vomiting, excessive sweating, dehydration or diarrhea, - as they can increase the risk of low blood pressure.
- Sometimes Prinivil can cause the decrease of your body’s ability to fight with infections, especially if you have other diseases, for example, like kidney problems or collagen vascular disease.
- Do not use non-prescripted products, if you have high pressure. They can contain cold medicines, stimulants or diet pills. Consult with your doctor firstly.
- Before getting any surgery, medical, dental or emergency care, inform your doctor that you use Lisinopril.
- If you take the medicament for high pressure, you could experience tiredness during a few weeks after starting treatment. Take Lisinopril even if you may feel not very good. If any new symptoms appear, tell about them to your doctor.
- It is important for diabetes patients to know, that Prinivil sometimes effects your blood sugar. So you need to check your blood sugar levels regularly and set the dose of your biabetes medicaments as it was directed by your doctor.
- Angiodema – is a serious side effect of the Prinivil. Contact your doctor as soon as possible, if you notice any symptoms like swelling of the parts of the body, difficulties with swallowing and breathing, hoarseness.
- Attention for pregnant and breast-feeding! Birth defects or fetal death could be caused by taking Prinivil during the pregnancy. Contact your doctor as soon as possible, if you think that you are pregnant. You should not breast-feed while you take the medicine, because it is unknown exactly, if Lisinopril is found in the breast milk.
Prinivil Side effects
If any of these side effects persist and become troublesome, consult with your doctor:
- cough; dizziness; diarrhea; tiredness; headache.
Ask for medical attention at once, if one of these negative side effects appear:
- chest pain; dark urine or decreased urination; difficulties with swallowing; infections like fever, chills or persistent sore throat; severe allergic reactions (itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; rash; hives; swelling of the body parts; hoarseness); irregular or slow heartbeat; symptoms of low blood pressure as fainting, lightheadedness and hard dizziness; stomach pain accompanied with vomiting and nausea or not; skin or eyes yellowing.