Isoptin is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine dilates blood vessels decreasing blood pressure.
Method of application of Isoptin (Verapamil):
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice from while you use Isoptin.
- Isoptin is a medication to take it orally with or without food.
- Swallow Isoptin whole without crushing or chewing it.
- Don't stop taking Isoptin even if you feel well, take all of the doses and take Isoptin at the same time daily - this will help you don’t forget to take it.
If you have any questions about Isoptin usage, don't bother to ask your health care provider.
In the case of missing an intake of Isoptin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular intake. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Keep Isoptin between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Keep away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not keep in the bathroom. Store Isoptin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Isoptin Safety information
- cardiac disease (eg, left-ventricular dysfunction, sick sinus syndrome, second- or third-degree heart block and do not have a pacemaker), very low arteriotony, or moderate to severe congestive heart failure;
- allergy to any component in Isoptin;
- atrial fibrillation or flutter and a pre-excitation syndromes (extra conduction pathway in the heart), such as Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome (LGL) or Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW);
- using of eletriptan, dofetilide, erythromycin, or disopyramide.
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to Verapamil.
- Before receiving medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery your let doctor or dentist know beforehand about your Isoptin using.
- Use Isoptin with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- It's necessary to carry out laboratory tests, including liver function, kidney function, complete blood cell count, and blood pressure, while taking Isoptin .Results of these tests display state of your health and presence of side effects. It is obligatory to follow all doctor and laboratory prescriptions.
- Avoid using Isoptin for children younger than 18 years old because safety and effectiveness for them have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant while using Isoptin, talk to your doctor. You have to discuss all advantages and risks of using Isoptin while you are pregnant. Isoptin is found in breast milk, so I is better not to breast-feed while taking Isoptin.
Take Isoptin only by doctor prescription. Don’t give it to other people, especially if it was not prescribed to them.
If you don't feel better or even feel worse, consult with your physician.
Isoptin Side effects
Consult with your physician if any of such most common side effects persist or become troublesome:
- constipation; dizziness or lightheadedness; headache; fatigue; general feeling of being unwell; nausea.
Contact with your health care provider immediately if any of these severe side effects happen:
- Harsh allergic reactions, e.g. rash or hives; maybe itching or difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- chest pain; unusually fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat;
- dark urine;
- severe dizziness, lightheadedness or shortness of breath;
- swelling of feet or hands; yellowing of the eyes or skin.