Inderal is used for the following:
- high blood pressure;
- angina pectoris (chest pain) preclusion;
- management of specific heart conditions, as hypertrophic subaortic stenosis;
- treating and preclusion certain abnormal or rapid heart rhythms;
- giving a better chance of survival after a heart attack in certain patients;
- cure of tremor;
- migraine headaches prevention;
- adrenal gland tumors symptoms treating.
Before using Inderal, consult your doctor. Follow his directions.
- Take Inderal for oral daily at the same time. It may be used with food or on an empty stomach, but make sure, that you’re following the same procedure every day (same time and same stomach condition when you take the medicine (full or empty);
- Make sure, that within 2 hours of taking Inderal you don’t take antacids containing aluminium;
- Even if you feel better or just well, don’t give up to use Inderal and don’t miss any doses.
If you have any questions about usage and dosage of Inderal, contact your health care provider.
Propranolol’s effect is based on slackening the pace of heart. As the result, a heart has to do less amount of work, because of more efficiently pumping at the expense of blood pressure reducing.
Try not to miss a dose of Inderal. If it happens, take it as you are able to. If it’s time for the next dose or too much time have elapsed, consult your doctor. Consult your doctor or pharmacist, if you omit to take more than one dose.
Store Inderal between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). It’s allowed brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C).Do not expose to heat, moisture and light; keep out of the reach of children and pets. Please don’t keep Inderal in the bathroom to avois exposure to light and moisture.
Inderal Safety information
You are not recommended to use Propranolol if:
- your heart beats are very slow or you have heart block;
- your blood pressure is low or you have uncontrolled heart failure or shock caused by heart failure;
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Inderal;
- you have asthma or Raynaud phenomenon;
- you had a heart attack;
- you are a child with diabetes or heart failure;
- you are taking mibefradil.
If you have any of these cases, please, contact your doctor or health care provider before taking Inderal.
Read this important information carefully:
- Before you drive or do some actions that require your full attention, make sure that you are lacking any side effects.
- Ask your doctor, if you are permitted to drink alcohol, while you are taking Inderal.
- If you take medicine for high blood pressure, you may have side effects, as tiredness or running down. You may feel an effect in few weeks after starting to take Inderal. Continue to take your medicine even if you have side effects. Discuss with your doctor any new symptoms, that you are experiencing.
- If you have an overactive thyroid, Inderal may cover up hyperthyroidism sings. It’s not recommended to give up taking Inderal suddenly, as for instance fast heartbeat as one of the hyperthyroidism symptoms may come about.
- Patients who usually have allergic reactions to medicine etc., should be more careful taking Inderal. Because of heightened sensibility to allergens, the usual dose of epinephrine (adrenalin) may not be enough for them.
- For patients with Diabetes: you have to observe sings of low blood sugar very carefully, as Inderal may mask some of them, e.g. a rapid heartbeat. In the case of a low sugar, you may feel anxious, sweaty, weak, dizzy, drowsy, or faint; it may make your vision change; give you a headache, chills, or tremors; or make you hungrier. You should check your blood levels more thoroughly. If you want to change the dose of your diabetes medicine, consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding. Meet your doctor, if you are pregnant or become pregnant. Ask about positive and negative effects of taking Inderal during pregnancy. Inderal will get into breast milk. Consult your doctor, if you are taking Inderal and want to breast-feed or you are breast-feeding. Ask your doctor about possible risk to your baby.
- If you visit your doctor or dentist or you need any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery, you should warn, that you are taking Inderal.
- Tell your doctor or lab personal you are taking Indural, if you are lab tested, as Inderal may interfere with certain lab tests, including the glaucoma screening test.
- To monitor your condition and check side effects, lab tests (blood pressure and heart function tests incl.) may be performed. Discuss with your doctor test results and follow all directions carefully.
Inderal Side effects
Discuss with your doctor possible side effects that may bother you. The most common are the following:
- constipation; depression; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; fatigue; hallucinations; lightheadedness; nausea; sleeplessness; stomach cramps; tiredness; vision problems; vivid dreams; vomiting; weakness.
Be attentive, if some of the following severe side effects come about. You should seek medical attention as soon as you find out it:
- Harsh allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).