Benicar is used in case of high blood pressure, may be used with other medicines. You may also use it for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Olmesartin is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It works by prohibiting the action of a chemical transmitter and making the kidneys to eliminate extra sodium and fluids and widening the blood vessels. These actions combine reducing your blood pressure.
Use Benicar as it was told by doctor directly. Take Benicar internally with or without food.
If you have any questions about using Olmesartin, ask your health care provider.
If you miss a dose of Olmesartan, take it as soon as you remember, however in case it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed one and just go back to your regular dosing schedule. If more than one dose was missed, ask your doctor for further instructions. Never take 2 doses at once if it was not directed by your doctor.
Store Benicar at room temperature, (from 20 and 25 degrees C). Do not expose to heat, moisture, and light. Keep Benicar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Benicar Safety information
Benicar shouldnt be used in case of:
- allergy to one of its components;
- pregnancy, especially after the third month.
Consult your doctor or health care provider if any of these points apply to you.
- Benicar may become the reason of sudden dizziness. Taking it with alcohol or certain medicines may increase this effect. Use Benicar cautiously. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks if you dont know how you react to it.
- Benicar may cause fetal and newborn death. Dont take it during pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor immediatly. It is not known if Benicar is found in breast milk. Do not take Benicar while breast-feeding.
- Taking medicine for high blood pressure usually makes patients feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Dont give up from taking medicine even if you dont feel normal. Contact your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Benicar before receiving any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
Check with your doctor before using a salt substitute or a product that contains potassium.
Benicar is available only if prescribed. Do not share it with other people to whom it was not prescribed. If your symptoms do not improve or become worse, notify your doctor.
Benicar Side effects
Notify your doctor if you are bothered by any of these most common side effects:
- dizziness; stomach pain; diarrhea; cough; unusual tiredness with headache.
Call emergency immediatly if you develop any of these severe side effects:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); increased heartbeat; fainting; lightheadedness.