Zantac is an H2 receptor blocker. It does not allow histamine get in the stomach and acts so that the amount of acid in the stomach is being reduced . It helps to reduce heartburn, to heal irritation of the esophagus, and to heal ulcers of the stomach or intestines.
Using Ranitidine is possible only by a prescription of doctor.
- Take Zantac with or without food.
- Swallow Zantac whole. Do not crush or chew before swallowing.
- Do not miss any doses. Even if you feel well continue taking Zantac at the same time each day. This will help you remember to take it.
Still have any questions? Ask your health care provider to understand how to use Zantac.
Do not miss any doses of Zantac. If you do that, take it as soon as possible, but if it is almost time for your next dose, do not take 2 at once, skip the last one and go back to your regular schedule.
Store Ranitidine between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Storing in the bathroom is not desirable. Keep away from heat, moisture and light. Stint your children’s access to MSM.
Zantac Safety infomation
Do not use Zantac in case of:
- Having allergic to any ingredient in Ranitidine;
- Having a history of porphyria (a blood disease).
If any of these apply to you contact your doctor or health care provider right now.
- Until you know how you react to Zantac do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks.
- Do not share Zantac with other people. It should be used only by the patient for whom it prescribed.
- Do not use Zantac for babies treatment; safety and effectiveness for babies younger than 1 month have not been confirmed.
- Lab tests, including urine protein tests, may be interfered with Zantac. Your doctor and lab personnel have to know your taking Ranitidine.
- While you use Zantac, lab tests, including liver function, may be performed to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Make sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- If you become pregnant, contact your doctor to discuss the benefits and risks of using Zantac while you are pregnant. Do not breast-feed while taking Zantac because it is found in breast milk.
Zantac Side Effects
If any of these most common side effects of Ranitidine persist or become bothersome check with your doctor:
- stomach upset.
If any of these severe side effects occur looking for medical attention immediately:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness);
- dark urine;
- unusual bruising or bleeding;
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat;
- fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations;
- persistent or heavy headache or stomach pain;
- yellowing of the eyes or skin.